Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Little Bit of Whatever

I haven't done one of these in a few days so I thought it was time. Sunday was an interesting day. I led worship that day. For those of you unfamiliar with the term it's basically MC'ing a Church Service. I think I'm pretty good at it. I'm kind of Catholic in my approach meaning that most of what I say during the service is written down ummmmmmm liturgical ummmmmmm it's not off the cuff, more like a performance. I hope that makes sense. Anyway. It was mothers day so I started off with a "nice" mother's day reading. It wasn't theologically sound at all but nice none the less. The sharing time is always my least favourite time. I feel uncomfortable praying out loud for other people in front of a large audience. I feel like I don't know what to say and that anything I do say will be completely inadequate. I use a reading from "Take Our Moments and Our Days: An Anabaptist Prayer Book". It's a prayer book with a morning and evening reading which takes your through a Call to Praise, Call to Discipleship, Call to Intercession and lots of other stuff in between. We picked it up last summer at the Canadian Mennonite University bookstore and it was great to read it on the hammock on a sunny summer morning. The reading (and the hammock) didn't happen during the winter so I guess it's time to start again. So anyway, back to the service. Tina and I sang a duet. It was great, we hadn't done that in church since before Griffin was born. Funny thing is we didn't sing a church song or song that even mentioned God. We sang "Our Children" which is from the musical Ragtime. It was beautiful. I ended the service with this.
May the God of steadfastness
and encouragement
grant us to live in harmony with one another,
in accordance with Christ Jesus,
so together we may with one voice
glorify the God and Father
of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment