Saturday, September 15, 2012

7 Days Done, 189 To Go

First full week is done. I'm not gonna lie. It was a bit of a gong show at times. And then there were other times when I felt like this teaching thing is going to work. There are times when I'm all prepared the night before and times when I'm sort of prepared 5 min before. Tina keeps reminding me that I'm a first year teacher. I think I'm starting to get a handle on the split class thing. Think being the key word. I met some parents on Thursday night. It seems like they're excited for me to be here. At least I didn't have any complaints. I think the students are handling the change ok. It's a little tough for them at times because this year is I'm new. What seems to really stress me out are days like today when I want to get lots of work done but then life gets in the way. Like putting together an end table that arrived today or calling a plumber on a Saturday evening because there is a cracked pipe in our wall. ugh. Life would be a lot easier if it was just me. Wouldn't be nearly as much fun though.
cheers

1 comment:

  1. I've been teaching for about 3.5 years now, and it's still a bit of a gong show at times. But those times are rare, and during my first year of teaching, they were the usual. It gets better -- keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete