Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oh Yeah! I'm Teaching this Fall

We've mostly settled into our new place and life is kind of begninning again. Tina's holidays are over and she was back at work again. For myself, I've spent part of the last few days preparing for the South Central Regional Library Wind-up. That's another story unto itself. I've also started to get more anxious about the start of the school year. I feel like there is a lot to do and that too many things are coming up and getting in the way. (Note: Adam and Rhea's visit next week is very exciting and I am totally pumped about it. I in no way regret that interuption) But this week I've finally been able to sit down and spend a few hours in my classroom. It's been pretty exciting actually. I'm starting to get a better idea of what the year is going to be looking like. I've started some hard core planning for ELA. I think it should run really well. I've got some ideas and a tonne of support from other teachers in regards to materials and ideas. My math resource binders came in today which makes it feel a little like Christmas. It was pretty cool to get those. Even though Math takes up the second most amount of time I'm going to dive into Social Studies next. That class will be a little trickier because it's a split with the 5/6's and 7/8's.
I've got to admit. It seem a little overwhelming at times but it also feels pretty freakin' awesome too. I'm gonna be a teacher. I feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be. And that's pretty cool.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment