Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Getting Closer

Wow. It's 9 days till the first day of students. I've been spending a lot of time lately getting my classroom (MY classroom, that sounds so cool) ready for the upcoming year. It felt a little overwhelming at first because I was starting from scratch. But, as I've been going through materials that were left from the previous teacher, adding my own and getting bulletin boards ready is starting to look like my own space. And feel like it too. The school is still a bit of a mess because there is a lot of work still going on but that will end soon as well. Today as I was putting the finishing touches on the timetable poster I was starting to feel like I might actually get this classroom ready for students. So, the classroom is ready. Unfortunately I'm not quite there yet. Maybe next August I will be. Or August 2014. We'll see. I haven't got heavy into lesson planning yet. The amount of work in that respect is a little intimidating. Oh well. I think the students may be in for a little bit of a culture shock. I am a different person from their last teacher. Note better, maybe worse. But mainly different. I hope they enjoy the changes.

I'm looking forward to finally getting started. I pray for patience and persistence and love and graciousness and humility. But maily love. I'm tired. I have new teacher orientation tomorrow.  I should maybe get some sleep.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment