Thursday, August 9, 2012

Family Rocks

For a first year teacher I'm certainly not doing much musing. It's not for lack of caring. Life is just really busy right now. Two weeks ago we went camping. Last week we packed up our house. On the weekend we moved. And this past week has been spent cleaning up the old place. Boy have we accumulated a lot of crap. I've taken three truck loads to the dump already and have one more for tomorrow. I think the biggest thing I've noticed these past two weeks is the awesomeness of family.
Here are 10 Awesome things our family did for us over the past two weeks.
1. We were able to borrow a tent trailer from my brother in law and my parents Toyota to pull said trailer for our camping trip.
2. Did not get beat up by black belt brother in law after I told him I broke his tent trailer.
3. My mom called around and found out someone at my uncle's shop would look at it.
4. Uncle's shop fixed trailer.
5. Mom and Mom-in-law helped with packing.
6. Uncle (different one) lent us his 24 foot trailer for the week.
7. My dad pulled the trailer around.
8. All the people (mostly family) who came and helped us move on Saturday.
9. My brother and sister in law who lent me their truck on numerous occasions this week.
10 My two awesome nephews who have spent 8-10 hours this week helping me move stuff to our house and haul junk to the dump.
This doesn't even include the great time we had with my cousin and his family at Hecla.
All in all it's been a pretty hectic two weeks. Maybe next week I'll actually have time to start getting ready for school!!
ugh
cheers

2 comments:

  1. If you were at Hecla on the August long weekend, you hid yourself quite well. Had we known you were there, we'da stopped in for a visit. And yes, we'da is a word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were actually there the weekend before. August long was moving weekend.

      Delete