Friday, August 24, 2012

Distractions

My Title is probably not the most representative of what this week has been like. I haven't got a lot of work done on school stuff this week because it has been very busy with my brother and his family coming out. We spent three days and two nights in Landmark this week and then had everyone out at our new house yesterday. It's been a great week.
My nephews Lukas and Jakob are very cute. (And loud at times) This is a picture of them in the awesome cardboard fort my mom built for the kids. It's really cool and they had a lot of fun in there. It's been a while since we'd seen them. Christmas to be exact. They have grown a lot. The last time I saw Jakob he wasn't even crawling and now he's walking everywhere. Yesterday when they came out here he was actually getting used to us and not being so shy. And now they are back at my Mom and Dad's and on their way home tomorrow. What a gip. I think the kids had a lot of fun with their little cousins. I know they were very excited about seeing them.
I think one of their favourite activities was Griffin pulling Emi and Lukas behind grandpa's lawnmower. Griffin is getting so big. Grandpa taught him how to use the mower the last time he was there. They would just drive around the park space my parents have. They really liked it.

So this has meant very little work done for me. I did go to school on Wednesday to get a bit of work done. It was good because there were some other people there that I could talk to about the upcoming year. I've got some ideas but right now I need to get my classroom ready. After that some lesson planning. Yes, I KNOW!!! I've haven't got to lesson planning. ugh. So much work. First year though, keep expectations reasonable for yourself. Crazy
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment