Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent

Ok so this picture has nothing to do with Lent but it is a cool picture and I hand't posted any from the Grade 7 camping trip yet.
So it is now Lent. There seems to be a lot of talk, at least in some of my social networks, about what to give up for Lent. I gave up coffee one year and last year I only had meat on Sundays. This year I was looking for something a little more intentional towards my spiritual well being. I have decided to give up complaining. This is going to be hard because I'm pretty good at it. If something is bugging me I'm willing to let everyone know about it. Except of course the people who may be behind the reason for my malcontent. I don't think this is healthy and I'm not afraid to admit this shortcoming of mine.
I could look for a Bible verse to back up my decision to give up complaining but I don't think I need it. This view isn't unique to Christianity so I'll take the advice of all faiths on this one.
cheers

3 comments:

  1. now THAT's a real sacrifice. There is that verse (Phil. 2) about complaining which is surrounded by suggestions for things to do instead of complaining...for me, there's more than a lifetime of work right there. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky that Lent does not coincide with the Chiefs regular season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. And during report card writing and SICs...impressive ;)

    By the way, that's one beautiful young lady in your picture...

    ReplyDelete