Friday, February 25, 2011

Perfect Morning

This has been a pretty good morning so far. It's a day off for the kids so we're all at home together. These days sometimes run into gong shows and I just get angry and frustrated. Which is why I now get a job during the summer break instead of just staying at home. So, I know Tina has often told me to plan out the day to make things easier but I'm a bit of a dunce and have never done that. So this morning after being asked about xbox and playing board games I finally grabbed a pad of paper and went upstairs to talk with the kids. Together we have planned out the whole day together. This plan is posted on the wall in between their rooms. They are very excited because they know exactly what is happening when. They are now upstairs enjoying free time before xbox at 11am. The extra special thing is they are both in Griffin's room playing chess. Griffin has taught her how to play. I went in there before and they were lying on the floor on a blanket playing. It was so cute. They do have some arguments because Emi does not want her queen captured. She just popped her head out and told me they came up with a compromise. They took the queens out of the game.
they are so awesome. I love them to pieces
cheers

2 comments:

  1. What a creative solution! I'm sure there is some application to teaching there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rocks! I'm going to have to stay in practice so that they don't beat me. I especially like the compromise. That's so cool.

    ReplyDelete