Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Change of Pace

The last week or two have been a little busy but kind of nice. I haven't really been busy with any one thing, just a lot of little things. The biggest change has been subbing, aka actually getting paid for being in the school. That's been pretty exciting. I think I got the perfect start to subbing because I was in the school I student taught last year which means I started off know the names of over half of the students. That is handy. I'm always amazed at how much easier classroom management becomes for me when I know the students names. That's one of the reasons I try to learn names to quickly. Anyway, familiar situation, familiar students, an all around great start. The second big thing is I went to the school where I'm going to teach next year. I got a tour and even met some of the students. In fact when I pulled up and got out of the car the first thing a student said to me was, "Are you our new teacher?". That felt special. Anyway, I came out carrying a lot of books which I need to work through in preparation for September.
Good Times
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment