Sunday, May 27, 2012

Amazing Acts of God

It's happened a few too many times to not mention. God has been gracious and wonderful to me. Ok, so I do Children's story in church about 2 or 3 times a cycle which amounts to about 10 times a year. I am often at a loss of what to do or say or I'm not sure if what I have planned will work. Countless times I have had people come up after the service and tell me how much they were moved by the story. I can't take credit. I have given these stories up to God to allow him to work his blessing in the way he sees fit. I don't know how to describe it. Pastor John likes to joke that I only come up with the stories while I'm sitting in the pew. It's not quite that bad, but there have been Sundays when I've spent the Sunday School time working on it and finalizing it during congregational singing. And yet God continues to be faithful and blesses people in spite of me. This is has been a weak description but it's the best I can come up with for now.
cheers

1 comment:

  1. Bud, I have always LOVED your children's stories at church. Even though I was too old to go sit down up front, I listened closely. You are very entertaining and your stories always have great lessons.

    -Janis

    ReplyDelete