Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Time's A'comin'

Well we're 6 days away from Christmas. I'm looking forward to the break. One of the reasons is that starting Thursday we're all going to be home for two weeks. That's because the kids and I are done school and Tina is taking holidays. It's been good getting ready for Christmas. We've been doing advent readings just about every night at supper with the kids. Part of the ritual is lighting candles before the meal and then turning off the lights. At the end of the meal we sing a Christmas song and do a reading that ends with the snuffing of the candles. This is the third year we've done this. It's become special. A way to slow down during the Christmas season.
We're going to need that slowing down now because it's going to be busy. We've got three gatherings an anniversary and New Years Eve to celebrate during that time. And hopefully get that darn skating rink done. I finally got the hoses out and started packing down some snow yesterday. Between my nephew and I we got about 1/4 of the rink done. I might get more done today but we'll see.
My practicum is almost done. I've really enjoyed spending these 5 weeks at Emerado. It's gone by so quickly though. I think I've learned a lot. I just need to sit down and figure out what. That's not a joke. I think there are lots of things I've learned and am probably incorporating without even knowing. All I can say is I can't wait till March.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment