Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Holidays

A couple of things. Christmas break started yesterday with a trip to Winnipeg for a Landville Drywall Christmas lunch. I got to sit with some of the guys and see just how much Dad's company has grown. I remember back when there was 10 of us around a table and Dad and Wilmer (business partner) were still doing grunt work. Yesterday there must have been 50 people in that room. I'm very proud of my Dad. He said there weren't a lot of new faces which meant Landville must be doing something right to get them to stick around. There are some days where I wish I had stayed with Landville because now would be the time I'd be taking over. But at the same time I don't think I was wired for that industry. I'm pretty happy at where I am in my life and where it is heading. I'm having a lot of fun being with kids and trying to be a good influence on them while trying to teach them something. And I don't think my Dad ever wanted me to take over. It's a tough job. I've very thankful/lucky to have this job to fall back on when we needed money because I've been in school or in between jobs. And I think Dad appreciates the fact that I want to be involved in the company. We certainly see each other more often then. And that, I would have to say is the best part.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment