Saturday, April 24, 2010

What's New


Just enjoying a Saturday morning at home with the whole family. It's nice because it has been a very busy week. We've had the first two performances for flatlands theatre company's production of Steel Magnolias. Very cool. I'm not surprised but I find it kind of funny that 90% of the audience is female. And I am not looking forward to tomorrow because that's when we clean up. ugh.
I've got tonnes stuff done on the yard this week. I used a power rake (a mower blade with spokes) on half the yard and then bagged what was kicked up. I got 18 bags of grass/apples. I also moved 6 wheelbarrow loads of compost from our pile to the flower beds. We have two compost piles and it's nice to be able to get some dirt from one of them. Tina was surprised/shocked I had cleaned up that pile. I also buried the cable for the satellite dish. That was enjoyable because it meant I could buy a new tool. YAY!! I bought a lawn edger which is basically a spade with a flat blade.
So today I've got some sets to move so I can fit other sets into my garage. It's a never ending cycle. Oh well.
Anyway. If you get a chance come to the show tonight. The actors have worked very hard and do a great job. What's been cool is some of the actors haven't been in a show for years. They have come a long way since the first rehearsal.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment