Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween!!!!

So yesterday was Halloween. We like this day. I think it's the chance to dress up and be goofy and get lots of candy. (at least for the kids.....I mean the candy part. I love dressing up and being goofy, sometimes I don't even need to dress up to be goofy. Ok, most of the time I'm goofy without dressing up, not to say that I'm not wearing anything (gross). Just that I'm not wearing a costume.) Are you allowed to brackets in brackets like that? I know you can do that with Math equations but I'm not sure how the English community views that. I digress (big time). Halloween kind of snuck up on us this year. With work and school and show it felt like we didn't have a lot of time to prepare. We only picked up the pumpkins on Friday for goodness sake. Saturday we didn't have a lot of time to get them ready because we had rehearsal all day. But we managed to get them deguckified, carved and put out for all the world to see. (note: deguckified did not get a red underline for being mispelled. How weird is that?) Then it was on to costumes. Griff and Ems both wanted to be Vampires so I was more than happy to oblige. Although I did wear garlic for the rest of the evening. Griffin wore black pants and shirt and has a fabulous cape my mom made for him a few years ago. Tina found a great dress and cape for Emi at MCC on Thursday. I love MCC!!!! My mom, who is fabulous bought us a higher end face paint kit for the kids so I went to work transforming our kids into Bela Lagosi. (look it up if you don't know who that is).
Griffin's friend Corey came over to go trick or treating with Griffin. He had a great costume. He's the headless guy holding his head. He got hit by a car and that's why his head fell off. Tina went a little retro with her costume. She looks great. For me? How can you go wrong with a lab coat and an axe in the head? My parents always come by for Halloween so while Tina and the kids went trick or treating (it was her turn this year) I handed out candy and chatted with my mom while my dad fell asleep watching the Leafs and Habs. Then Emi came back and her and mom went to Superstore and me and Dad played cribbage. Did I mention I almost never beat him? I almost never beat him. Last night he beat me three times in a row. The first two games were really close and then the third game he smoked me. I'm not sure why I even play him. ugh I SUCK!!!!!! Oh, did I mention we had DJ's pizza for supper? And the best part of last night. We got an extra hour of sleep and because the kids got to bed late they actually slept in as well. I love Halloween!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say, 'that looks like the lab coat from the play. did you dress up as Dr. F?' but then I saw the axe...lol! Awesome costumes!

    ReplyDelete