Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Cat!?!?!


I have a little story to tell. So on Thursday night while Tina and I were at rehearsal the kids (along with the babysitter) decided to put some milk out for a stray cat that had wandered by the yard. No big deal. The next day the kids and I went to Winnipeg. (kids to my Mom and Dad's, I went to SAG). So on the way home I called Tina to see how she was doing. She says the cat came back, that she let it in the house and that it was inside right now. OH TINA!!! She is so weak when it comes to animals. We got home late and went to bed. The next day was fun. The kids are absolutely in love with this animal. Emi carries her around everywhere and we have to tell her to put it down once in a while and leave it be. It's a very nice cat. It loves being around people, uses the litter and doesn't ruin the house when we leave. I've never thought of myself as a cat person but I must admit it is comforting to have around. We've named it Mittzy btw. Anyway, we're also thinking this is likely someone's cat that has run away. So If you recognize this cat you have the owners contact us. We'd all be a little devastated (ok, Emi and Griffin would die) but we also don't want to keep the cat if it belongs to someone else. The only issue has been the cat's keen interest in the bird. Not a friendly infatuation either methinks.
cheers

2 comments:

  1. This has all the makings of a Sylvester and Tweetie episode!

    Cute cat. If the owners show up, I know where you might be able to find two other cats available...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did your kids put sugar and vanilla extract in the milk? I hear that's a tasty treat...I'm sure Mittzy would like it.

    ReplyDelete