Friday, October 2, 2009

Meh

Ok, so here's the update now that it's October. I feel like school has just started even though this semester is already 1/3 over. Intro to Aboriginal Education is definitely the heaviest class. Not because of the course work though. We've been discussing the residential school system. I cry but at the same time I feel uplifted that things are changing. Even though it's very slowly. In Educational Settings and the Sociology of Learning I get frustrated because of a schooling system that's been created to benefit those of a higher socio-economic status. But I am challenged to make a difference. In Teaching K-8 I am challenged to actually live out my beliefs about teaching. I've set some pretty high ideals there.

1 comment:

  1. you also cry because you don't see me on a regular basis.

    i miss you.

    let's do lunch.

    ReplyDelete