Thursday, January 19, 2012

Learning Test

I did a learning inventory test today that is supposed to tell me what kind of learner I am.
It turns out my highest scores were in Concrete Experience and Active Experimentation. This classifies me as an Accommodator.

"Accommodators are polar opposites from Assimilators. Their greatest strengths lie in carrying out plans and experiments and involving themselves in new experiences. They are risk-takers and excel in those situations requiring quick decisions and adaptations. In situations where a theory of plan does not fit the facts, they tend to discard it and try something else They often solved problems in an intuitive trial and error manner, relying heavily on other people for information. Accommodators are at ease with people but may be seen as impatient and pushy. Their educational background is often in practical fields such s business or education. They prefer action-oriented jobs such as nursing, teaching, marketing or sales."


cheers

1 comment:

  1. You got some good ones! Of the tests that I've taken the two that I remember are:
    1) I'm abstract-random. This means I don't do well with time and details, remember stories not dates, and jump from topic to topic with no apparent (to anyone else) logical connection.
    2) (this one's from Restitution) power/mastery/freedom. All of which means I have a hard time toeing the line, need to do things my way even when I acknowledge the 'other' way is better than mine, and furthermore, since I'm a power/mastery gal, everyone else should do it my way too!

    So much to work on!

    ReplyDelete