Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'm Avoiding Homework

I'm pretty good at avoiding homework. Honest. You see right now I could be writing a two page summary on an article that I'm supposed to read (I've read it twice already) but instead I'm on the internet making smartalec comments on Facebook, checking out the tonight's Olympic schedule and blogging. Yikes. I even made tea!! Roibus to be exact. So what's new. Umm. Well I got some good news and bad news yesterday. The bad news was I didn't get a part in Strike! the Musical which is being performed this summer. I had an audition 1.5 weeks ago. It went really good (I think) and I had a lot of fun. The good news is I'll be at home for the month of July which the kids and Tina are happy about. If I would have got a part in this show it would have meant a lot of rehearsals in Winnipeg. I'm really happy I auditioned because as I mentioned it was a really great experience. I think I gained some confidence because of it. Never a bad thing. I wasn't totally shut out in the theatre world. 2 weeks ago yesterday I auditioned for a show at the University of Winnipeg. This was a good opportunity that opened up. Normally the shows are only done by those in the Honours program. The Fourth year class is doing Diary of Anne Frank and the director has decided to cast 4 of the parts with students outside of the class. I was cast as Mr. Kraler (that's awfully close to Kehler) and will be in 3 scenes!! It's especially exciting because I am good friends with a number of the students in the class. I'd say most of them. I am so looking forward to being in a show with them. They're a very talented class and I hope to learn lots from them. I felt very special when one of them called me the Friday after my audition all excited to tell me I got the part. But it means I'll be in Winnipeg a lot during the month of March for rehearsals. But I'm in Winnipeg a lot anyway so it's not a big deal I guess. The show the week of Easter. Oh yeah. They have performances Good Friday and the Saturday of Easter. weird. I'm definitely going back to Winkler Thursday night so I can be in church Good Friday. I guess in some ways I'm not totally churchy but for me, Good Friday is one of the most important Christian holidays on the calendar (Easter being first). And I'm not going to be too much fun at the cast party because I need to be back in Winkler for Easter Sunday. Ok, I'm going to qualify my previous point. According to church people I'm not totally churchy but to my University friends I am. Ok I'm going to qualify that too. I worship lead, do children's story, teach sunday school and attend church conferences. I guess I am churchy but don't feel it sometimes. weird. Anyway, I'm going to get the kleenex ready because I likely am going to bawl my eyes out when Jonie Rochette skates tonight. And I have to get that assignment done.
cheers
Bud

1 comment:

  1. Pass the kleenex!! I'm gonna cry too!
    Glad to read you're still kicking down the theatre doors :)
    Viva Forever

    ReplyDelete