Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fun Day in Drama

Had a serendipitous drama class on Friday. So it was lunch time and I decided to do music mime during drama. We had it for the last two periods of the day. So just before lunch ended I was madly buying some classical music off of iTunes. I'm always a little worried about doing drama during art because my students aren't yet convinced that drama is art. Well the first period of art we don't get the gym so we pushed all the desks to the side. I then played the first minute of the sorcerers apprentice from fantasia and has them quietly consider the pictures that came to their mind during the piece. I then played it again but this time let them talk quietly to each other. They were then given time plan what they were going to do. We then broke for recess. After recess they went to the gym and finalized their presentations. What they did was fabulous. I was so proud of them. I I'd like to plan out my classes a little better but that class went really well.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment