Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Big Day

Wow!! My last day of classes today. I'm kind of officially done university. What a ride this has been. Now might be a good time to reflect my last 5 years.
Year 1
ATAP was likely the best thing that ever happened during that first year of university. It made me think that I actually could fit in. I met some amazing people in that class who I'm still friends with today.
Year 2
Musical Theatre was the big highlight. A huge thank you to Tina for letting me take it because it meant staying in school for an extra year. I did some stuff I never thought I would do. (like trying to dance hip-hop in public). I also had the chance to do a duet with one of the most amazing actors. She's going to be famous some day. And I passed calculus.
Year 3
This was a tough year because it was the first year I didn't have any theatre courses. I felt disconnected. But then the most amazing thing happened. I got a part in the 4th year honours show with my theatre friends who are the most amazing people in the world. That was a special time for me. Thank you again to Tina for letting me have that opportunity.
Year 4
I met some great people this year who I got to be in classes with again 5th year. I think the best thing about this year was that my practicum school was a 10 minute walk from my house and that Griffin was at the school. We got to walk home together all the time. I realized grade 7 and 8 are a lot of fun and I could see myself teaching that age group. I also received a lot of support from the staff. It was hard to go back to school. I just wanted to get back into the classroom.
Year 5
This last year has been good but tough as well. Especially this last semester having to be in school 4 days a week. But this has also been my best year for staying on top of assignments and getting stuff done on time. Also this last semester I was in 3 different cohorts. I don't think I was able to develop the connections some other people did. But I got to be in classes with way more of my friends than if I was only one. Good times.

I'll reflect more later.
cheers
Bud

2 comments:

  1. Bud, you are an inspiration! I am so impressed that you went to university later in life - i will remember that when i think my life is over after having kids (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly. Your pictures of the baby bump on Facebook look great. You're a very cute mom-to-be.

    ReplyDelete