Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's time to Blog

It's that time again when I go to a blog and blog. I'm halfway through my second week back at university. I'm finding it a little tough to get into the groove but I'll get there in the next day or two. I think we're supposed to develop a teaching philosophy. Is there really anything I need to write beyond the word CARE? I have decided this is my personal philosophy. CARE. CARE about my students as people and not receptacles of knowledge, care about the people I work with and work with them to create a CAREing environment where students feel safe. My friend Josh called me an optimist. I'm ok with that moniker. I want to be the dreamer and not let myself be held back by my own cynicism.
cheers

2 comments:

  1. I think you've got it, Bud. If you genuinely CARE about your students (and find ways to show that you do), you will have far fewer classroom management issues, among other things. Of course, you can't ONLY care, but it certainly could be the backbone of a really great teaching philosophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous. I want you as a teacher......

    ReplyDelete