Saturday, May 21, 2011

A lot to catch up on.

Well, I've been putting this off for a long while now. So much has changed. My hands hurt right now from drywalling. I'm so not used to this.

We had ACT fest last weekend. flatlands theatre company hosted the Association of Community Theatres in Manitoba's annual festival. I had the privilege of being the emcee. It was wonderful. I had so much fun. Theatre people are an awesome group to hang out with. People like Jeanette and Darren and Tina put a lot of work into making this festival happen. They did great. It made being an emcee that much easier.

The downside of the weekend was the death of our cat Mitzy. She was hit by a car late Saturday afternoon. We were devastated. There were a lot of tears from all of us. I'm not totally shocked it happened though. Mitzy came to us as a stray and was too used to a life of roaming wherever she wanted to. She was constantly running back and forth over the road. I loved that cat. She was perfect.

Our house is driving me nuts. We've had water seeping into our basement for over a week now. And no it's raining so it's seeping in even more. So frustrating. At least there are no flood waters running in.

I'm working in Winnipeg again. I'm home one night a week. I wish I could be at home more. Thank goodness this is only a temporary thing. I'd go into depression if this was to be the rest of my life.

anyway, happy rainy day every one.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment